Serve as Temporary Communications Assistant for the Department of Music, and in particular its wide-ranging Performance Program. Generate written press releases, social media content, and feature articles pertaining to Performance Program concerts, master classes, and special events, as well as for faculty-generated events and special projects. Assist with the day-to-day implementation of all marketing and communications efforts as specified by the Director of Communications and Public Relations.
This is a part-time position, minimum 15 hours per week. Occasional extra duties to maximum total of 19.5 hours per week. Benefits are not included.
Job candidates: please ensure that you submit all of the required documents as listed in the ‘Required Documents’ section below. Please also be aware that when you reach the Attach Documents page of the application process, use the ‘+’ sign to attach additional documents beyond the resume.
- Maintain social media schedule and postings for multiple Department of Music accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Create press announcements for Performance Program events and distribute to media lists
- Manage routine website updates and beadwork calendar listings for on-campus promotion
- Assist with the creation of radio ads, video clips, and other multi-media promotions for Department of Music activities
- Provide support for audience development initiatives, outreach, long-range planning, and special projects as requested
- Ability to create Press Releases.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills coupled with excellent editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to be proficient with graphic design tools.
- Ability to use social media and the web platforms effectively to meet the needs of the Program.
- Project management skills required.
- Ability to work with internal and outside media sources.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.