Chicago Shakespeare Theater seeks a detail oriented individual with strong communication skills and a focused interest in production management to serve as our Production Management Apprentice. Under the mentorship of the Production Office (Director of Production, Associate Director of Production, Production Coordinator, and Production Office Manager), the Apprentice will assist with the management of daily Production Office operations. The Apprentice will work with this team to identify, develop, and execute long-term departmental projects pertaining to all CST productions and our internal operations. Position will require a strong spirit of optimism and collaboration, with a keen understanding of the importance of work across departments in the organization.
Job responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the administration of productions and events in a six-story, three-venue facility, as well as offsite projects in Chicago and beyond.
- Regular office duties including taking notes at meetings, answering phones, accepting deliveries, filing, , scanning, and photocopying
- Leading research projects as required.
- Assisting Production Department Heads in the preproduction, rehearsal, and tech processes.
- Managing the scheduling of meetings/appointments for, and as requested by, the Production Office.
- Coordinating and/or running production aspects of special events
- Assisting in coordination of artistic workshops and CST productions on tour
- Assisting in coordination of production meetings and design presentations, including arranging videoconferencing equipment as needed
- Assisting with financial record keeping
- Maintaining supply inventories and orders
- Assisting in the coordination of a year-round internship program
Chicago Shakespeare Theater produces an average of 12 productions each year between three stages- the 500-seat Courtyard Theater, 200-seat Studio Theater and our newly opened, state of the art, flexible Yard Theater, in addition to multiple off-site locations and touring venues. Our core programming, based in the plays of William Shakespeare, is complimented by the presentation of international pieces, musicals, touring productions, and the development of new works. More information on CST can be found at www.chicagoshakes.com.
This position is designed to help recent college graduates enter the workplace and gain valuable professional experience. As such, only applicants with theatrical degrees conferred in the past two years will be considered. This year-long position is full time and includes periodic work at night, on weekends, and occasionally on holidays. The position is paid hourly and includes benefits.