Northlight Theatre in Skokie, IL seeks a full-time Education & Community Engagement Manager. This position reports to the Director of Education & Community Engagement and provides administrative support to the Director and Department, including management of all Northlight education programs, Teaching Artists and Youth Council.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist with development and marketing of all education programs including outreach to teachers, creating grant materials, maintaining website updates and managing marketing outreach
- Hire, coordinate, supervise, and train all Teaching Artist staff
- Act as liaison between teaching artist and school or community partner
- Develop and collect lesson planning and assessment materials of all education programs
- Create, develop and execute Audience Guides and Study Guides for all Northlight productions with assistance from the Artistic Assistant
- Coordinate calendar, teaching artist deadlines, data collection, and various administrative duties
- Assist Director of Education & Community engagement in all department administration
- Assist in future planning for Education & Community Engagement Department
- Coordinate teaching artist apprentice program
- Manage budgets as assigned and provide reporting as requested
- Act as on-site liaison for student matinee performances- including leading post-show discussions
- Oversee the scheduling of Season Access Teaching Artists and collect lesson plans and assessment for pre- and post-show workshops. Recruit new schools and establish relationships. Supervise administration of program by Artistic Assistant.
- Aid in planning and management of Youth Council
- Cultivate relationships with Northlight artists to serve as guest artists in Master Class and Artist Engagement programs
- Oversee commissioning of new plays for education programs: develop relationships with playwrights, recruit commissions, edit drafts of scripts, promote new plays within education programs
- Teaches Northlight classes as assigned by Director of Education and Community Engagement.
- Act as a liaison between Education and Marketing.