Dance Instructor - Summer 2018
Viking Gymnastics - Niles, IL
Job Type: Part-Time
Viking Gymnastics & Dance is accepting immediate applications for two part-time summer dance instructors to teach dance classes in Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contemporary/Lyrical and Hip-Hop from June-August, with the potential for an increased teaching load in the Fall. Class shifts are available on Wednesday & Friday evenings as well as Saturday morning through early afternoon. Class ages range from 3 years old through high school at the beginner and intermediate skill levels.
Our top priority is to seamlessly balance the rigors of a technical program while igniting the passion and unlocking the creative potential within our dancers. Currently, we are solely a recreational program with most of our students embarking on the very beginning of their dance journey. As a brand-new dance program experiencing beautiful growth; maintaining a positive and warm studio culture is important to us. We are looking for patient, yet energetic dance instructors to join our family!
- Create a positive and nurturing learning environment that inspires excellence and commitment to achieving goals.
- Stay up-to-date on new dance trends and training methods.
- Instruct students in proper, safe dance techniques in an effective and encouraging manner.
- Balance fun with rigor and passion.
- Instruct ages 3 through high school in a variety of class genres (I removed the class genres here)
- Instruct classes within the guidelines of a pre-established curriculum.
- Minimum 1-year studio teaching experience.