Elmhurst Art Museum is seeking a highly motivated Curatorial Intern to work closely with the Executive Director and Exhibitions Manager. The ideal candidate would work two days (approximately 14-16 hours) per week.
· Provide research assistance for the upcoming exhibitions The Whole World A Bauhaus (February 16 - April 21) and the solo exhibition by Claudia Weber.
· Assist with coordinating potential exhibition-related public programs
· Research on "Panel Discussion: The McCormick House and the Bauhaus Dream of Pre-Fabricated Homes" which will take place at the EAM on Oct 27.
· Research on Mies van der Rohe experts
· Take care of the various tasks and maintenance of the current exhibitions McCormick House: 1952 - 1959 and David Wallace Haskins: Polarity
· Help with designing and printing marketing materials (posters, banners, postcards etc.) for our exhibitions
· Help the Exhibitions Manager to update the cataloging of the collection in The Museum System (TMS)
· Draft letters to artists and associates at other museums and galleries
· Draft well-written and researched social media entries and other publicity materials
· Assist our staff members with guided exhibition tours
· Research potential museum acquisitions
· Prepare documents and presentations for internal meetings
· Support and liaise with other departments within the museum, including Visitor Services, Education, and Administration