The Chicago Cultural Alliance is an active consortium of 40 Chicago-area cultural heritage museums, centers and historical societies, and 20 Partner museums, educational institutions and arts organization across the Chicago region. Our mission is to connect, promote, and support centers of cultural heritage for a more inclusive Chicago. Our vision is a city where all communities have a voice, and cross-cultural dialogue and collaboration are an integral part of Chicago’s civic fabric.
The Alliance’s programming and services celebrate diversity, preserve history, and honor tradition while amplifying cross-cultural collaboration through equitable structures that encourage capacity building. Offerings include large-scale collaborative programming that showcase our membership’s work and missions, shared services and professional development opportunities that build organizational capacity, and promotion that platforms cultural events and exhibits across the city.
To see more about our history and core values visit www.chicagoculturalalliance.org/about/.
The Collaborative Programs Manager is a full-time, exempt member of the Chicago Cultural Alliance staff and provides leadership, direction, and coordination for the organizations collaborative public programs and professional development initiatives undertaken for, with and by our membership, keeping true to our core value of honoring the first voice perspective. The employee is responsible for the research, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of programs at the Alliance and for ensuring that these collaborative programs work in coordination with our strategic plan and long term strategies in the field. The position works in collaboration and coordination with the Alliance’s executive director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages and tracks several collaborative projects concurrently that span the Alliance’s programs, events and services including: Inherit Chicago, World Dumpling Fest, Activating Heritage Conference, as well as one off collaborative programs and workshops both short and long-term.
• Independently works to proactively identify challenges within project execution and provides creative options to reach agreed-upon solutions.
• Assists in the planning and negotiation efforts with external partners including, but not limited to contracts, payment schedules and other financial issues.
• Works closely with the Director of Finance for the building, oversight, and approval of project budgets and expenses.
• Maintains, updates, and posts Project Planning Schedules.
• Initiates, organizes, and conducts meetings and develops agendas, records meeting notes, and distributes meeting results with partners and stakeholders.
• Assists in developing a new protocol for the project management of CCA’s large scale projects.
• Assists in logistics of some development related activities including CCA’s annual gala MOSAIC and other cultivation events aligning with major programming.
• Works with the Executive Directors to develop long-term strategy that is based on data-driven approaches for measuring deliverables and communicating progress.
• Performs other duties specific to projects as assigned.