This Quiet Dust Ceramics is seeking an unpaid intern to join our team. This is a summer internship starting immediately and ending August 31 with an opportunity for permanent employment upon the completion of the internship.
Our studio is located Northbrook, IL. If transportation is an issue, please do not apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- 10-15 Hours/wk.
- Rolling slabs
- Glaze making
- Reconstituting/ Wedging clay
- Daily cleaning and studio maintenance
- At least 1 year experience working with ceramics
- Passion for all things clay
- Working car and valid Driver’s License
- Reside in the Chicagoland area
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS.
- Strong communication skills
- Initiative, organization, reliability needed!
This is an amazing opportunity to gain experience working in a creative, professional environment, as well as to learn valuable skills from an established ceramic artist and professor. Attention to detail and good time management are crucial to this position. We are looking for an individual with a positive attitude and a strong work ethic who possesses the ability to work independently for this summer internship. We offer the possibility of a permanent position for the fall to an intern that is a good fit and possess the attitude, skills and qualifications required for the job. We look forward to meeting you!