Join the dynamic team of arts professionals at the Goodman Theatre! Goodman Theatre is an artistic and community institution dedicated to the art of theater and to civic engagement in the theater arts. Goodman believes it has a responsibility to provide artists with the opportunity to explore a wide range of theatrical visions, and ensure that cultural inclusion is the fabric of the organization and fully engage in the life of our community. Goodman is currently seeking applicants for an open position in our Casting Department.
Title: Casting Assistant
Position Reports To: Managing Producer/Director of Casting
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support to the Artistic Department
- Working with other Artistic staff members to ascertain and facilitate directors’ needs on productions
- Maintenance of the casting department files, both hard-copy and digital
- Coordinating audition logistics including: space reservations, supplies, set up and execution
- Facilitating the scheduling of audition appointments with agents and actors, as well as the preparation of audition materials
- Attending local productions, showcases, and other actor-related events with a special attention on the non-union acting community
- BA or BFA degree in Theatre or related fields preferable
- Previous experience in casting and/or arts administration
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Detail oriented and multitasking abilities
- Exemplary interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ideal but not essential: familiar with ArtsVision, KS Limelight
Work Environment & Physical Demands: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. The employee is regularly reviewing and analyzing data on computers and in print media, generally in a stationary position. Occasional attendance at evening events is expected and may require traversing between rooms or groups of people.
Goodman Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are an inclusive and accessible employer; successful candidates will have experience working with diverse groups of people.
Please e-mail resume (stressing previous experience and qualifications), cover letter, and contact information for at least three professional references by May 31st, 2018 to: https://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Goodman Theatre/default.html
Please indicate in cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location. No phone calls, please.