For more than 150 years, the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) has been a leader in educating the world’s most influential artists, designers and scholars. Located in downtown Chicago with a fine arts graduate program consistently ranking among the top four graduate fine arts programs in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, SAIC provides an interdisciplinary approach to art and design as well as world-class resources, including the Art Institute of Chicago museum, on-campus galleries and state-of-the-art facilities. SAIC’s undergraduate, graduate and post-baccalaureate students have the freedom to take risks and create the bold ideas that transform Chicago and the world—as seen through notable alumni and faculty such as Michelle Grabner, David Sedaris, Elizabeth Murray, Richard Hunt, Georgia O’Keeffe, Cynthia Rowley, Nick Cave, and LeRoy Neiman.
The School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) is seeking a self-directed professional as Assistant Director of Internships in our Career and Professional Experience (CAPX) department.
The ideal candidate will:
- Create a vibrant cross-campus outreach program to inform and engage students about internships in Chicago, across the country and around the globe
- Partner with CAPX’s Assistant Director of Employer Relations to ensure clear communication between students, employers, and the broader SAIC community
- Build a collaborative network with students, faculty, employers, alumni, and SAIC colleagues to develop and promote internship opportunities
- Personalize internship advising sessions to provide students with an understanding of the responsibilities and benefits of internships
- Be an enthusiastic champion of student success and an active contributor to the CAPX team
You are right for this position if you:
- Are committed to helping SAIC students gain the self-knowledge, experience, skills, and confidence needed to develop unique, creatively satisfying career paths
- Understand the world of creative careers and the transition from art school to the workplace
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset and are able to envision and execute new ideas and processes
- Can lead projects independently and complete them on schedule and on budget
- Can contribute to team projects where responsibility and recognition are shared